Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Congordito

I read Condorito comics to practice my Spanish and have some laughs. He's like a Chilean version of Donald Duck, except he also smokes, drinks, chases women; and of course, he only speaks Chilean Spanish. I shopped the cover of his 1st edition (1955) as a joke to share with friends (way) down south. I put a lot of hours into this thing, so I thought I might as well share it with some more northerly Americans too.



Some of the gags might need a little explanation . . . Gordito means “rather fat” or “little fat guy” . . . LAN is the Chilean national airlines . . . The tree on the tee is an araucaria. It's on a lot of Chilean tourist goods . . . and . . . My camera was snatched on my last visit!

Here's the original cover...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

falta la firma!

Glowby said...

¡Esto no pareció apropriate, después de yo había pervertido el original tanto!

Glowby said...

¡Seguramente no! Tal vez tienes el número de mi tarjeta de crédito.

Anonymous said...

no seas pervertido en tu pensar glowby!

Anonymous said...

VERY CLEVER ; LIKE YOUR VERSION BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL.